Aging in Place Remodeling – ADA Services
Are you prepared for life’s unexpected? A parent moving in? A family member recovering from surgery? Or are you planning to live in your home for as long as possible?
One of the primary concerns in these situations: Is your home prepared?
Here are just a few of today’s Aging in Place remodeling solutions to consider:
- Enlarge doorways, walkways and thresholds to be easily accessible by wheelchairs
- Modify floors so they are all on one level
- Remove steps and replace them with ramps
- Reinforce bathroom walls to accommodate handrails around toilet and shower
- Raise toilets for easier transfers
- Modify showers for easier access, and add safe seating and non-slip floors
- Make all living areas easily accessible, allowing safe wheelchair/walker access, including under sink/vanity areas